Small Snack Box
Dishwasher & Freezer safe
100% Stainless steel, a great alternative to plastics.
This product is not leak proof
One year manufacturing warranty.Meals in steel offers a wide range of food grade, high-quality stainless steel lunch boxes, and bottles, to keep your food safe. Eat Healthy, Live Healthy!
Do You Know?
Studies of bisphenol-S, the chemical compound sometimes used to replace bisphenol-A in "BPA-free" plastic products, found it is disruptive not only to the body's hormone system but to brain circuitry in developing animal embryos.
Known to mimic estrogen, BPA and BPS are not the only synthetic chemicals found in hard plastic and certain resins that do so. (Close relatives include Bisphenol B, C, E, F, G, M. P, PH, TMC, and Z.) In laboratory tests, 95 percent of hundreds of ordinary plastic products put through "real world" conditions, such as through a microwave or dishwasher, tested positive for leaching estrogenic chemicals. Since companies are under no obligation to tell consumers what chemicals are used in the manufacture of their product, many health experts say the best thing to do is avoid contact with household plastics altogether.
With the caveat that it is nearly impossible to not be exposed to plastic in the course of a day, here are two lists. The first contains a selective list of plastic items or products that contain plastic resins that experts say you should limit your exposure to or sanitize your hands after touching. The second list contains a selective list of safe alternatives
- hard plastic sports bottles
- plastic food storage containers
- food wrap
- hard and flexible packaging
- deli containers
- plastic bags
- baby bottle components (nipple, ring, liner, etc)
- plastic dinnerware and plates
- non-stick cookware
- plastic cleaning products
- thermal receipt paper
- canned food and drink
- stainless steel water bottles
- unbleached wax paper
- anything made from wool, cotton, hemp or plastic-free, biodegradable fibers
- plastic-free cleaning products, such as baking soda, vinegar, and essential oils
- stainless steel or cast iron cookware